Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Family Favorite

While this might not be the most appetizing photo, Chipotle Shrimp with Couscous has definitely become a new family favorite. 

I tested this recipe on November 14th for Chatelaine magazine, and it appears in the latest issue (Feb 2012).  The picture there makes it look a lot better, especially since I forgot to put the basil on it before taking the picture. Honestly, I think I was far more interested in eating than taking any pictures that night!

This is, without a doubt, the fastest, easiest dish I have ever made and perfect for when we have been out all day and come home hungry. It can be on the table and ready to eat in about 10 minutes.

I always have shrimp in the house, and now I plan to keep a jar of roasted red peppers handy too.  We had never had couscous before, so the first time I made this dish (a home tester has to follow the recipe and directions to the letter) I also made some rice, just in case.  The couscous was fine.  Apparently toasting it first gives it more flavour.  Of course, you could use rice instead, if you prefer.

The name of this dish would normally have had me skip right by it, but I was feeling adventurous when they asked me to try this one, and I'm certainly glad I accepted the challenge.  It's spicy, of course, with the roasted red peppers and the Tabasco sauce but that certainly makes my man happy.  I like that :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I'm pretty sure most of my family will like this one. We have couscous fairly frequently, and I'm always looking for new recipes that use it as one of the ingredients. Thank you for sharing it!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete