Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Calm After the Storm

I see they had a terrific storm in New York. We got off a little luckier here, but our power went off for over 3 hours last night.  Actually, it didn't go off until after this photo was taken, so I'm not sure what happened.  I expected problems earlier in the day as a hydro pole was threatening to fall over onto the highway, and they were diverting traffic until they could get that replaced.  It was only after we thought we were in the clear when the power went off. 
Oh, hey, those solar powered garden stakes put off good light if you bring them in and put them in a vase.  You can take one with you when you leave the room.  They are much safer than candles.  And, if they should happen to run out of light before the power comes back on, I found out, that shining a flashlight on the sensor for a few seconds recharges them for much longer than you would expect.

1 comment:

  1. Hah! Great idea!! Thanks for sharing it. Now I have a good excuse to get some new garden stakes this spring -- if I can ever get around to re-doing the garden that I'd like them in.

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete