Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Going Postal

Just before Christmas I won a pendant that has not arrived here yet. There's a reason for that.  It seems that the parcel got sent back to the sender because it was short seven cents in postage. The strange thing is that three such parcels were sent out, with the same amount of postage on them, all to Ontario addresses, and only the one that was meant for me got sent back.

The sender didn't get it back right away, and when she did, she notified me that she has now added more than the extra asked for, and it is once again on the way.  I think the parcel likely got all the way to my village before it ran into trouble. And I'm sure it cost the post office more than that seven cents to send it back.  Some people just have to exercise their authority, even if it doesn't make any sense. 

No comments:

Post a Comment