Sunday, June 2, 2013

Promoting an Author


I have been a BzzAgent for many years and it is a well known fact that word of mouth is a great form of advertising.  I have had lots of experience telling others what I think of a product, service or publication. As a BzzAgent any talk is valuable. One does not need to try to sell the product, or even pretend to like it.  Just getting the word out so that others know it exists is all that has ever been required.

A couple of weeks ago author Sabrina Jeffries came up with a way to use her public to help her advertise.  She put out a call for some street ambassadors to help get the word out about her upcoming publications.  I figured, since I tend to review the books I read either for Good Reads or specific publishers anyway, I might as well apply. This is not a BzzAgent assignment, but with my experience, I figured I could handle it. Well, I was accepted, and am now part of  what she calls Sabrina's Dames and Dukes street team member!

Sabrina Jeffries is about to launch a  new series of books, (the Duke's Men series), and the first book is called What the Duke Desires. It will be in bookstores on June 18th.  In the meantime you might enjoy this exclusive excerpt.

I'd be interested to know what you think. 

 

What the Duke Desires by Sabrina Jeffries
Pocket Books Paperback (On sale June 18, 2013)
$7.99 U.S.
ISBN-13: 978-1451693461
www.SabrinaJeffries.com

  

No comments:

Post a Comment